- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Research Team at Berkeley National Laboratory Students, Dan Rosa de Jesus and Julian Cuevas from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez (UPRM) are at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory this summer with Dr. Wilson Rivera, a professor ... Continue
- Sustainable Research Pathways Team Recognized by DOE Sustainable Horizons Institute wishes to applaud Dr. Alina Lazar (Youngstown State University Professor) and her Sustainable Research Pathways student team: Alexandra L. Ballow and Tyler J. Liebengood (Mathematics and Physics ... Continue
- AWM Workshop and Partial Funding for SIAM CSE 2019 An AWM Workshop is scheduled to be held in conjunction with the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE), February 25 – March 1, 2019 in Spokane, Washington.
As part ... Continue
- Opportunity to Grow and Stretch for Early Career HPC Professionals SC18, the premier international conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis, is the place to get inspired and learn about the latest developments in this exciting field. Experience ... Continue
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to Offer HPC Webinar Announcement from our colleague: Scott Lathrop, Blue Waters Technical Program Manager for Education, Outreach and Training
New Blue Waters Webinar Scheduled
The Blue Waters webinar series is pleased to announce a new ... Continue
- Idaho State University Research Team to Partner with Lawrence Berkeley National Lab Yury Gryazin, ISU Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics will be pursuing his Advanced Parallel Numerical Methods for the Simulation of Marine Stratocumulus Clouds research project with ... Continue
- Students@SC Call for Student Volunteers and HPC for Undergraduates Announcement from our colleague: Dorian Arnold, Emory University
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student?
Are you intrigued by the use of advanced computing capabilities to solve the world’s most challenging scientific, ... Continue
- Computing4Change Event at SC18! This announcement is being shared with the SHI community on behalf of our colleague, Linda Akli!
Are you an undergraduate student who wants to use your technical skills to create positive change ... Continue
- Call for Participation: Workshop on Advanced Computing Systems and Solutions for Big Data and Big Computing The following message is being shared with the SHI Community on behalf of our colleague Dr. Nitin Sukhija!
Call for Participation:
Workshop on the “Advanced Computing Systems and Solutions for Big Data ... Continue
- ISC High Performance 2018 Travel Grant Program This message is being shared with the SHI Community on behalf of our colleagues at ISC!
To help the next generation gain HPC knowledge and skills, the ISC Group introduces the ... Continue
- SHI Webinar Series – April Mentorship Panel Webinar Check out the SHI Webinar Committee’s upcoming webinar about mentorship!
What: SHI Quarterly Webinar
Topic: Mentorship Panel
About: Join us for an interactive webinar about the benefits and challenges encountered in mentoring. We are ... Continue
- Job Opportunity at Oak Ridge National Lab – HPC Engineer *We are reposting this opportunity on behalf of our colleagues at Oak Ridge National Lab*
About this position:
The National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS) at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) provides ... Continue
- MSRI: Infinite Possibilities Conference for Women of Color in the Mathematical Sciences We are sharing this opportunity on behalf of our colleagues at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute. Thank you for your support!
Infinite Possibilities Conference 2018
April 14-15, 2018
Howard University, Washington, D.C.
The Infinite ... Continue
- Apply for the 2018 L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Program We are sharing this opportunity on behalf of our colleagues at the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Thank you for your support!
Applications for the 2018 L’Oréal USA For ... Continue
- SHI Webinar Series – Using Python to Enhance Your Research Productivity Join the SHI Webinar Series and our guest presenter Blake Lohn-Wiley for our two-part technical Webinar “Using Python to Enhance Your Research Productivity”! Read on for more information and registration!
About ... Continue
- Free Webinar Opportunities: Improving your Oral and Poster Research Presentation Skills Interested in improving your oral and/or poster research presentation skills? If yes, then read on for a great opportunity to expand your knowledge in these areas!
Dr. Mary Ann Leung will ... Continue
- FREE Opportunity: Supercomputing in Plain English Supercomputing in Plain English (SiPE), Spring 2018: Available live in person and live via videoconferencing
When: Tuesdays starting Jan 23 2018 (through Tue May 1 2018): 1:30pmET/12:30pmCT/11:30amMT/10:30amPT/9:30amAT/8:30amHT
Live in person on the ... Continue
- First Workshop on Software Challenges to Exascale Computing First Workshop on Software Challenges to Exascale Computing
9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, December 17, 2017
Hotel Royal Orchid, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms are used to power discoveries and ... Continue
- SHI Quarterly Webinar Series – First Webinar Upcoming! Register today! On behalf of the SHI Webinar Organizing Committee, we are VERY excited to announce the new Sustainable Horizons Institute Quarterly Webinar Series! Additionally, we are delighted to invite you to the ... Continue
- SRP Research Experience Leads to Science Breakthrough, Acceptance at SC17, a Highly Competitive Research Conference, and New Pathways for Students and Faculty Dr. Xinlian Liu is a professor of Computer Science at Hood College, a small liberal arts college in Maryland. Like most professors, Dr. Liu has always had high expectations for ... Continue