Opportunities: Advanced Computing For Social Change and Computing4Change
We are pleased to share this opportunity for our friends at Southeastern Universities Research Association.
Seeking students from diverse disciplines and backgrounds to:
- apply data analysis and computational thinking to a social challenge
- experience the latest tools and techniques for exploring data through visualization
- expand your skills in team-based problem solving
- learn how to communicate ideas more effectively to the general public
Advanced Computing for Social Change (ACSC) workshop will held in Chicago, IL co-located with the PEARC19 conference July 27-Aug 1, 2019. Computing4Change (C4C) is part of the SC19 student program and will be held in Denver Nov 16-22, 2019.
To be eligible for these exciting programs, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full time undergraduate student at an accredited college/university
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States (for ACSC only)
- Not plan to graduate before May 2020
- Have a minimum overall GPA of at least 2.5/4.0 (or equivalent)
- Be able to attend during program dates
- Complete the online application form before the deadline
See : ACSC PERC and C4C and the frequently asked questions for additional details https://www.xsede.org/community-engagement/student-engagement/acsci/faq or contact Rosalia Gomez firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are being accepted for both programs until May 17th.