At Sustainable Horizons Institute, our work speaks for itself, in the voices of our most important benefactors students and scientists of tomorrow. We know them, and we know you. You want achievement to be the rule, and not the exception. You want to lead. You want to innovate. At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we are working to grow futures in STEM: for students, for scientists, and for organizations like yours.
We optimize our programming by utilizing a diverse array of technologically-based media and communication services, including electronically-based distance learning education, teleconferencing, web-based seminars, and social media. Communities we serve encompass the breadth of education and career, including K-12, undergraduate, and graduate education and early career through twilight career.
We pride ourselves on partnering broadly with government agencies, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and industry, creating strong connections to serve the community.
- The Broader Engagement (BE) Program The Broader Engagement (BE) Program, piloted in 2007 at the Supercomputing (SC) Conference Series, was created as a method to engage populations of people consistently ... Continue
- Sustainable Research Pathways (SRP) Program In 2015, a partnership between SHI and Berkeley Lab led to the creation of the Sustainable Research Pathways (SRP) program. The goal of SRP is ... Continue
- Pathways to Success Workshop Pathways to Success Workshop: exploring challenges and identifying resources to help students, faculty, and professionals create a vision of success Dr. Leung has been to a ... Continue
- Paving the Road Ahead Workshop A new addition to the BE Program at SIAM CSE17 was the Paving the Road Ahead Workshop. This workshop, led by Melissa Abdelbaky and Blake ... Continue
- High School Outreach Sustainable Horizons Institute is pleased to be helping Nevada High School embrace science and prepare their students for their futures. We are involved in the ... Continue
- Workforce Development Workforce Development, Mentoring, Career, Professional, and Leadership Development. Sustainable Horizons Institute has a breath of experience in designing, developing, and implementing effective programs to develop leaders, ... Continue
- WeFold Protein Folding Educational Adventure As scientists we are innovators, we are inventors, we are researchers, we work on solving problems to help make the world a better place. Scientists become ... Continue
- Supercomputing Conference Poster Submission Workshop In 2015, Sustainable Horizons Institute was awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation to conduct a workshop for past BE participants. The vision of ... Continue