At Sustainable Horizons Institute, our work speaks for itself, in the voices of our most important benefactors students and scientists of tomorrow. We know them, and we know you. You want achievement to be the rule, and not the exception. You want to lead. You want to innovate. At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we are working to grow futures in STEM: for students, for scientists, and for organizations like yours.
We optimize our programming by utilizing a diverse array of technologically-based media and communication services, including electronically-based distance learning education, teleconferencing, web-based seminars, and social media. Communities we serve encompass the breadth of education and career, including K-12, undergraduate, and graduate education and early career through twilight career.
We pride ourselves on partnering broadly with government agencies, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and industry, creating strong connections to serve the community.
- Sustainable Research Pathways: Building Connections Across Diverse Communities with Computing Sciences at DOE Labs Research opportunities for faculty and students from diverse backgrounds. Imagine yourself spending the summer of 2017 collaborating with computing sciences staff at Lawrence Berkeley National ... Continue
- SIAM CSE17 Broader Engagement Program Jump start your career…join the community. The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2017 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE17) conference Broader Engagement (BE) program will ... Continue
- High School Outreach Sustainable Horizons Institute is pleased to be helping Nevada High School embrace science and prepare their students for their futures. We are involved in ... Continue
- Workforce Development Workforce Development, Mentoring, Career, Professional, and Leadership Development. Sustainable Horizons Institute has a breath of experience in designing, developing, and implementing effective programs to develop leaders, ... Continue
- Pathways to Success Workshop Pathways to Success Workshop: exploring challenges and identifying resources to help students, faculty, and professionals create a vision of success Dr Leung has been invited to ... Continue
- WeFold Protien Folding Educational Adventure As scientists we are innovators, we are inventors, we are researchers, we work on solving problems to help make the world a better place. Scientists become ... Continue
- SIAM CSE15 Broader Engagement Program The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2015 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE15) conference broke attendance, fund raising, and other records. A pilot mentoring ... Continue
- Supercomputing Conference Poster Submission Workshop Sustainable Horizons Institute was recently awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation to conduct a workshop for past BE participants. The vision of ... Continue