iCER ACRES is a 10-week summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in computational and data science. Student teams (2-4 students) will be matched with a project appropriate for their background and skill.
Program: Ten students will be selected to work in teams with STEM researchers on original, interdisciplinary, collaborative research projects in data science and scientific computing.
Program goals: Students participating in this REU will:
- Gain computational research skills
- Participate in cutting-edge computational and data science research
- Interact closely with top-notch faculty
- Work on modern supercomputers
- Research project areas include Computational biology, computational physics, computational chemistry, computational mathematics, engineering, environmental data analytics, and bioinformatics.
Stipend: Funding provided for round-trip travel to MSU, accommodation and meal plan. Participants receive a stipend ($600 per week).
Framework: Each Summer, the program begins will a week-long boot camp introducing students to high-performance computing (HPC) concepts and scientific software development best practices. Over the following weeks, student teams will work in research groups, take part in meetings and discussions with project members, attend research seminars, and make weekly group presentations. At the end of the summer, students will give a talk and poster presentation about their research.
Applications due February 11, 2020 Program dates: May 18 – July 24, 2020
See more for details