BE@CSE21 recruits students,
post docs, and professionals
communities, engages them in
research-based activities and in some cases, catalyzes life-
Welcome to the Broader Engagement program at Computational Science and Engineering Conference (BE@CSE21) BE came to the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE) in 2015 and SHI has organized BE programs at all SIAM CSE conferences since then. We appreciate the amazing partnership with SIAM and how welcoming they have been to SHI and to all BE participants. BE@CSE invites the broader community to participate, learn about, and advocate for diversity and inclusion.
BE@CSE21 takes place during the week-long conference and offers valuable experiences, such as interdisciplinary technical sessions, plenaries, and discussions. In all, the program provides students with more profound knowledge, the development of new skills, and the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging within the STEM and CSE community through mentorship, Guided Affinity Groups, and workshops.
Guided Affinity Groups (see table below for meeting dates/times for each group)
Slack Channels have been set up and you have been invited to appropriate channels:
- General – Major announcements and communications
- Networking – Sharing opportunities, job announcements, etc.
- BE Organizing Committee (BE Organizing Committee members only)
- BE Guided Affinity Group Leaders (group leaders only)
- CSE Applications (group members only)
- Going Deep with AI and Machine Learning for Science and Engineering (group members only)
- Ice Sheet Modeling (group members only)
- Impacting Science and Engineering Applications with Computational Science (group members only)
- Inverse Problems and Applications (group members only)
- Learning and Algorithms on Graph-Structured Data (group members only)
- Meshes and Particles and GPUs Oh My! (group members only)
- Open Science Practices (group members only)
- Quantum Algorithms for Scientific Computing (group members only)
- Software Productivity and Sustainability (group members only)
Shared Space on Google Drive
- BE Shared Materials
- Each Guided Affinity Group will have its own folder within the Google Drive.