Supercomputing Conference Broader Engagement (BE) Technical Session Poster Submission Workshop.
Sustainable Horizons Institute was recently awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation to conduct a workshop for past BE participants. The vision of this project is to help past BE participants get more involved with the main technical track of the conference by providing training and assistance for their submission to the technical program poster session. Past Broader Engagement participants are encouraged apply for participation in this two-day workshop. The workshop will include training and discussion on how to organize research results, available SC resources and what makes a successful poster submission and consequently a successful poster presentation. The workshop will also include working sessions where participants will prepare draft submissions and then receive feedback on their submissions. There will be discussion of what research results are needed to be successful as well as other hands on practice opportunities. Each participant will be expected to leave the workshop with a draft poster submission that they can finalize and submit through the SC15 Poster Submissions application. The application process solicits participants that aspire to and are prepared to submit posters to the SC15 Technical program.
- Past Broader Engagement participants are encouraged to apply to participate in this two-day workshop.
- The workshop will be held at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory on April 9-10, 2015
- Benefits include:
- Training, mentoring, and practice
- Travel support to the workshop
- Travel support to SC15 if poster is accepted
- The workshop will be led by Dr. Tony Drummond and Dr. Mary Ann Leung and a variety of other HPC professionals with different domain specialties will participate and provide mentoring
- Application deadline: Friday, January 30, 2015
- Apply here.
Be sure to submit your application by the deadline and ensure that you recommendation letter has been submitted by the deadline.