- There aren’t enough students in computer science to fill future jobs and research positions
- There has been a decrease in women and minorities pursuing scientific degrees
- Scientific workforce is mostly white males
- Women make only 39% of workforce
- Hispanic and other ethnic groups make up less than 10% of employees in science
- By the year 2020, there will be 1.4 million computer science jobs in the US and only 400,000 American computer scientists
The answer is in you. Help revert this trend and encourage and keep students in STEM-related fields.
Make a contribution today. Your contribution will support students and faculty attendance at the SIAM CSE15 conference, where they will present their research and continue to be immersed in projects that have potential to make an impact on society. These real-life experiences have great potential to spark creativity and get them excited about pursuing careers in STEM.