Monday, February 27, 2017
10:15 AM – 11:55 AM
Location: Rooms 406/407
Trying to decide between a MS and a PhD? Looking for tips for your first technical interview? Stop by the Student Opportunities Lab (SOL) to learn about these and other professional development opportunities during the SOL “speed meetings”. Student Opportunities Lab mentors will be available to answer your questions throughout the session. Potential table topics for the SOL include:
– How to Successfully Apply to Graduate School?
– Research Opportunities for Undergraduates: where to find them? how to apply?
– Careers at Nat Labs
– Master’s or Ph.D.?
– A day in the life of a Computational Scientist
– Prepare for your first tech interview
– Tips to navigate a job fair
– Academia vs. Industry