At Sustainable Horizons Institute, our work speaks for itself, in the voices of our most important benefactors students and scientists of tomorrow. We know them, and we know you. You want achievement to be the rule, and not the exception. You want to lead. You want to innovate. At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we are working to grow futures in STEM: for students, for scientists, and for organizations like yours.
We utilize a model that serves as an evidence-based support foundation, and whose ultimate goal is to catalyze science and technology environments so that inclusion becomes the norm. The model focuses on academic or technical, psychosocial support, mentoring, career exploration, professional and leadership development. Each component contributing to the development of community.
We pride ourselves on partnering broadly with national laboratories, government agencies, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and industry, creating strong connections to serve the community.
Learn more about our work:
Workforce development and community engagement:
- Sustainable Research Pathways matching workshop for summer research experiences
- Broader Engagement professional development and community building at Computational Science and Engineering conferences
- Computational Research Leadership Council seminars for underrepresented students
- Better Scientific Software activities to enhance scientific developer productivity through diversity and inclusion
- Pathways to Success workshop to define and direct your academic and career trajectory
- Webinar series providing technical skill and professional development