- Imagine yourself visiting Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a fast-paced workshop where you showcase your research, meet distinguished computing science staff at Berkeley Lab, and ... Read more
- Jump start your career…join the community The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2019 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE19) conference Broader Engagement (BE) program will ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- Sandia National Laboratories Materials and Chemical Data Science – Postdoctoral Appointee Are you passionate about developing and applying data science and analytics to characterize material microstructure, chemicalcomposition or materials behavior? If so, you will want to ... Continue
- Opportunities: Advanced Computing For Social Change and Computing4Change We are pleased to share this opportunity for our friends at Southeastern Universities Research Association. Seeking students from diverse disciplines and backgrounds to: apply data analysis and computational ... Continue
- Sustainable Horizons Institute Founder on the Road SHI Founder, Dr. Mary Ann Leung, has been on the move! In April she attended the American Society of Engineering Education 2019 Collaborative Network for Engineering and ... Continue