- On behalf of the SHI Webinar Organizing Committee, we are VERY excited to announce the new Sustainable Horizons Institute Quarterly Webinar Series! Additionally, we are delighted ... Read more
- Imagine yourself visiting Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a fast-paced workshop where you showcase your research, meet distinguished computing science staff at Berkeley Lab . ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email email@example.com with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- SHI Webinar Series – April Mentorship Panel Webinar Check out the SHI Webinar Committee’s upcoming webinar about mentorship! What: SHI Quarterly Webinar Topic: Mentorship Panel About: Join us for an interactive webinar about the benefits and challenges ... Continue
- Job Opportunity at Oak Ridge National Lab – HPC Engineer *We are reposting this opportunity on behalf of our colleagues at Oak Ridge National Lab* About this position: The National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS) at Oak ... Continue
- MSRI: Infinite Possibilities Conference for Women of Color in the Mathematical Sciences We are sharing this opportunity on behalf of our colleagues at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute. Thank you for your support! Infinite Possibilities Conference 2018 April 14-15, ... Continue