- Calling all computational scientists and engineers! Located in the vibrant city of Berkeley is the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, a place where cutting edge ... Read more
- Jump start your career…join the community The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2019 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE19) conference Broader Engagement (BE) program will ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship Paid Fellowship Opportunity! Applications for the 2020 Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship are now being accepted. The goal for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship is to bring new ... Continue
- Sixth SC Workshop on Best Practices for HPC Training and Education (BPHTE19) Held in conjunction with SC19: The International Conference on High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis Now inviting abstract submissions for papers, lightning talks and demos. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following: Certification of knowledge ... Continue
- SC19 Early Career program: Applications now open The program provides a one-day series of special sessions for early-career researchers, educators, and technical professionals, on Monday, November 18 2019 at SC19 in Denver, ... Continue