- Imagine yourself visiting Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a fast-paced workshop where you showcase your research, meet distinguished computing science staff at Berkeley Lab . ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- SRP Research Experience Leads to Science Breakthrough, Acceptance at SC17, a Highly Competitive Research Conference, and New Pathways for Students and Faculty Dr. Xinlian Liu is a professor of Computer Science at Hood College, a small liberal arts college in Maryland. Like most professors, Dr. Liu has ... Continue
- Two SRP Student Participants to stay on Berkeley Team After Summer Research Concludes Many of the 2016 SRP Program participants are finishing up their summer research experiences and heading back to their home institutions as school starts back ... Continue
- Changing Lives and Building a Pipeline Through Sustainable Research Pathways In a world where science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) research is essential to the wellbeing and prosperity of humanity, it is shocking to hear ... Continue