- Research Opportunity for Faculty and Students from Diverse Backgrounds Imagine yourself collaborating with Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory’s Computing Sciences staff, developing solutions to pressing scientific and ... Read more
- The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2015 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE15) conference broke attendance, fund raising, and other records. A pilot mentoring ... Read more
- We are currently raising funds to support students and early career faculty and professionals participation in Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science.
To maintain the momentum begun at SIAM CSE15 BE, SHI has launched a new program aimed at developing Sustainable Research Pathways with faculty, students and Berkeley Labs. The program is designed for faculty from a variety of institutions, including Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) and women’s and community colleges that support students from underrepresented or under-privileged backgrounds. Faculty will benefit from collaborative research and the development of long-term relationships with staff scientists. Students will work side-by-side with faculty on exciting research projects using state-of-the-art equipment. Apply before October 16, 2015, on the SHI website.
- Sustainable Research Pathways Fellows Program Concludes Sustainable Horizons Institute’s (SHI) newest innovative program has just completed its first summer experience at Berkeley Lab in Berkeley, California. The goal of the Sustainable ... Continue
- Dr. Mary Ann Leung Speaks at Google! Sustainable Horizons Institute’s President, Dr. Mary Ann Leung, was honored to have been invited by the Black Googler Network (BGN) to lead a discussion about ... Continue
- 2016 NSF Cybersecurity Summit – Registration and Call For Participation (CFP) It is our great pleasure to announce and invite you to the 2016 NSF Cybersecurity Summit for Large Facilities and Cyberinfrastructure. The event will take place ... Continue