- Imagine yourself visiting Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a fast-paced workshop where you showcase your research, meet distinguished computing science staff at Berkeley Lab, and ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Research Team at Berkeley National Laboratory Students, Dan Rosa de Jesus and Julian Cuevas from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez (UPRM) are at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory this summer with ... Continue
- Sustainable Research Pathways Team Recognized by DOE Sustainable Horizons Institute wishes to applaud Dr. Alina Lazar (Youngstown State University Professor) and her Sustainable Research Pathways student team: Alexandra L. Ballow and Tyler ... Continue
- AWM Workshop and Partial Funding for SIAM CSE 2019 An AWM Workshop is scheduled to be held in conjunction with the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE), February 25 – March 1, ... Continue