- On behalf of the SHI Webinar Organizing Committee, we are VERY excited to announce the new Sustainable Horizons Institute Quarterly Webinar Series! Additionally, we are delighted ... Read more
- Imagine yourself visiting Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a fast-paced workshop where you showcase your research, meet distinguished computing science staff at Berkeley Lab . ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email email@example.com with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to Offer HPC Webinar Announcement from our colleague: Scott Lathrop, Blue Waters Technical Program Manager for Education, Outreach and Training New Blue Waters Webinar Scheduled The Blue Waters webinar series is ... Continue
- Idaho State University Research Team to Partner with Lawrence Berkeley National Lab Yury Gryazin, ISU Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics will be pursuing his Advanced Parallel Numerical Methods for the Simulation of Marine ... Continue
- Students@SC Call for Student Volunteers and HPC for Undergraduates Announcement from our colleague: Dorian Arnold, Emory University Are you an undergraduate or graduate student? Are you intrigued by the use of advanced computing capabilities to solve ... Continue