- On February 26th, 2017, Dr. Mary Ann Leung led the Broader Engagement (BE) Program at the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2017 Computational ... Read more
- After success in 2015, SHI and LBNL again came together in 2016 to hold the second SRP Program. The positive results from the previous year ... Read more
- Help us change the lives of students, faculty, and professionals who participate in the Sustainable Horizons Institute programs and community. Please make a tax deductible donation ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science. You can read more about our mission here.
In addition to our programming, we maintain two monthly newsletters: SHI Newsletter and Mentor Protégé Newsletter. Each of these newsletters feature articles that give high quality advice and discussions on a variety of compelling topics intended for a broad audience. If you would like to join the mailing list for either of these newsletters, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, preferred email address, and name of the newsletter you’d like to receive. You can also check the “news” tab to read the most recent feature articles from SHI Newsletter!
- Bright Scientists Supporting Diversity – The CSGF and BE Connection The Department of Energy’s Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF) is one of the most prestigious fellowships in the United States. Created in 1991, the ... Continue
- Multiple GRA Positions at Emory University Join the Distributed Computing Group at Emory University! Multiple Fall ‘17: CS PhD (and MS) research assistants interested in cutting-edge, extreme-scale distributed systems. Time is of ... Continue
- BPDM Workshop The Broadening Participation in Data Mining Program (BPDM) will hold it’s annual workshop August 12-13, 2017, co-located with ACM SIGKDD 2017 Conference on Knowledge Discovery ... Continue