- Research opportunities for faculty and students from diverse backgrounds. Imagine yourself spending the summer of 2017 collaborating with computing sciences staff at Lawrence Berkeley National ... Read more
- Jump start your career…join the community. The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2017 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE17) conference Broader Engagement (BE) program will ... Read more
- Please join us in supporting students and early career faculty and professionals as they pursue their dreams at the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics ... Read more
Welcome to Sustainable Horizons Institute
At Sustainable Horizons Institute, we know the only sustainable future is one that gives attention to the whole scientist throughout the course of education, career, and beyond.
Our mission is to build sustainable connections between students and science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by supplying the essential, visible supports students need to participate and achieve. Through the development and implementation of programming that builds, supports, and connects students and science leaders and innovators in STEM, we focus on shaping individuals and communities who are broadly engaged and ready to lead the way in science.
We are pleased to announce that the Sustainable Research Pathways Workshop launched in 2015, will be expanded in 2016 to include two additional National Laboratories. The workshop is designed for faculty from a variety of institutions, including Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) and women’s and community colleges that support students from underrepresented or under-privileged backgrounds. The workshop will provide an opportunity for faculty to learn about potential research collaborations and opportunities for faculty and/or students to conduct research at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, or Sandia National Laboratory in the summer of 2017. Apply before October 21, 2016, on the SHI website.
- NERSC Data and Analytics Internship Projects Data Dashboard Enhancement Science/CS domain : Advanced Scientific Computing Research Project description : Supercomputers use distributed file systems that face unique challenges in serving data to tens ... Continue
- Women in IT Networking as SC (WINS) Greetings, The Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS) program is now accepting applications for 2017. Quick reference info is listed below and the official Call for Participation ... Continue
- Microsoft Research Dissertation Grant Broadening participation in computing is a core part of Microsoft’s values; accordingly, we are excited to introduce a new initiative, the Microsoft Research Dissertation Grant, ... Continue