SIAM CSE17 Broader Engagement Program
Jump start your career…join the community.
The Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) 2017 Computational Science and Engineering (CSE17) conference Broader Engagement (BE) program will provide a rich scientific program, mentoring, and career and professional development to students, faculty, and professionals who aspire to broaden their experience in research-based professional activities. CSE is indispensable for leading edge investigation and engineering design in a vast number of industrial sectors, including for example, aerospace, automotive, biological, chemical, and semiconductor technologies that all rely increasingly on advanced modeling and simulation. Special themes for this year’s conference include: applications in science, engineering, and industry, data analytics and visualization, data-driven modeling and prediction, multiphysics and multiscale computations, novel discretizations and fast solvers, numerical linear/multilinear algebra, scientific software and high-performance computing, simulations on emerging architectures, and many more.
Come and join the community, advance your career, and explore your future possibilities.
Benefits and Activities include
In addition to the full conference program BE will be organizing
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Workshop Series
- Guided affinity groups to increase learning in technical conference sessions
- STEAM (STEM+Art) In Action: Social Modeling Through Game Design Workshop and a Discussion about Multidisciplinary Research, Diversity, and Inclusion lead by Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and Brown University STEAM program
- Mentor Protégé Program
- Science Rock Star Dress Rehearsal
- Student Opportunities Lab – Speed Meetings
- Community activities
- Opportunities to present research
- Tour & Career/Professional Development Session at Google Fibre Academy
SIAM CSE17 BE Schedule is now available here.
A list of all the BE participants can be found here. Congratulations!
A list of all the activities organized by the BE program can be found here.
We are also recruiting CSE community members who are already attending CSE17 (travel funding is not provided for volunteers) for the following volunteer roles:
The volunteer registration application site is now live! If you would like to volunteer, please register here.
For information about past BE programs and to hear from participants about their experience visit here.
Please help us with your support:
SIAM CSE17 Conference
Monday, February 27 – Friday, March 3, 2017
Atlanta, GA USA
SIAM CSE15 Broader Engagement Program, March 2015, Salt Lake City Utah
We thank our supporters: